We are committed to ensuring Churchill War Rooms is accessible to all visitors, and hope the facilities we have introduced enhance your visit:
- Two wheelchairs are available on site for people that may need assistance during their visit (subject to availability). Churchill War Rooms is wheelchair accessible throughout, however, please note the narrowest corridor is 68cm, and the tightest corner is 90 degrees.
- Step-free access from our front entrance is via Birdcage Walk by St James Park。
- A lift to the historic rooms is available for wheelchair users and those with mobility issues.
- A warm welcome to Guide dogs and registered assistance dogs。 Water bowls can be provided at the café。
- Accessible toilet facilities are available at basement level。
- A large print transcript of audio guide content is available from the audio-guide desk (subject to availability)。
- The free hand-held audio guide is available with earpiece for hearing-impaired and those with mobility issues。 Visitors can also use their own headphones (standard 3。5mm headphone jack)
- Subtitles are shown on most audio-visual presentations.
- Seating is available at intervals throughout the building.
- Please keep in mind, Churchill War Rooms can be busy at the weekend and during school holidays and may not unsuitable for those who do not like crowds。
- If you have any queries or need any assistance onsite, please ask。 We will be more than happy to help you。
If you have any queries or would like to discuss any access issues please contact us.